Our current teaching series is based on The book of Mark. This past Sunday Nate Muse unpacked the parable of the sower in Mark 4. Here are some of the highlights from his message.
- Good soil cannot produce anything without seed.
- Jesus gives us insight on how the kingdom moves forward.
- Seed grows in good soil.
- Discipleship does not consist of what disciples can do for Christ, but of what Christ can make of disciples.
- Our purpose is to do life with Christ.
- Jesus brings the kingdom to the earth. He invites others to participate with him. Some people accept it and some reject it.
- When you want to know what Jesus’ words mean it shows that you know his words matter.
- When you respond to the proclamation of the good news you will always get more.
- It’s not the disciples producing fruit, but the good news of the kingdom working in and through the disciple to produce fruit.
Jesus makes a powerful statement to his disciples, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God!” Did you get that? Jesus just gave his followers the secret of the kingdom of God. Wouldn’t you like to know that secret? Is it possible that if we really understood what the secret of the kingdom of God was it could revolutionize our life?
If you really want to know the SECRET to the kingdom of God then click the link below to listen to Nate’s message!