This past Sunday we unpacked the parable of the sower in the book of Mark. Here are some highlights from the message by Nate Muse.
- Our purpose in to do life with Christ.
- Discipleship does not consist of what disciples can do for Christ, but of what Christ can make of disciples.
- Jesus brings the kingdom to earth. He invites others to participate with him. Some people accept it and some reject it.
- Soil cannot produce anything without seed.
- Jesus gives us insight on how the kingdom moves forward.
- Seed grows in good soil.
- When you want to know what Jesus’ words mean it shows that you know his words matter.
- When you respond to the proclamation of the gospel you will always get more.
- Jesus is not a king who keeps secrets to himself.
- It’s not the disciples producing fruit, but the good news of the kingdom working in and through the disciples to produce fruit.
Jesus makes a powerful statement, “To you has been given the secret of the kingdom of God!” Did you get that? Jesus just gave his followers the secret of the kingdom of God. Wouldn’t you like to know that secret? Is it possible that if we really understood what the secret of the kingdom of God was it could revolutionize our life?
Click on the link below to hear Nate’s entire message on The Secret to the Kingdom of God!